The Comic-Con website has officially posted its weapon policy and it is very similar to what was posted last year.
As expected, NO functional weapons are allowed at SDCC – and this makes perfect sense. It will keep everyone safe and will eliminate any possibilities of injury.
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons must be inspected at the Weapons Check Desk in Lobby E.
- All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn.
- After each person’s costume weapon has been checked, it will be tagged by security, and you will be given a wristband to wear to designate that your weapons have been checked.
Security will escort you to the security station for inspection if your costume weapon is not tagged.
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons to Comic-Con.
– See more at: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/costumes#sthash.rdzTrgUE.dpuf